– further development of our successful TOPAZ fabric coating
For a long time you can request your forming fabrics with our famous TOPAZ© coating, which has proven over the years. The Research & Development department of Villforth has now evolved our TOPAZ© coating even further – TOPAZ©NT. The new technology coating consists of a low viscosity multi-component resin proven in the aerospace industry. The coating covers the filaments as well as the cross-over points. TOPAZ©NT coating is set for the entire life of the fabric and is resistant to all chemical cleaning agents as well as the use of high pressure showers.
Usually, small gaps are created in the area of the crossings between the warp and weft yarns. In these gaps, fibres and dirt will be accumulated during running time. TOPAZ©NT provides a solution: the cross-over points of the yarns are covered by the coating no fibres or dirt can be stuck in the gap between two filaments.
TOPAZ©NT coating covers the yarns and strengthens the cross-over points.
Influence on the fabric
The TOPAZ©NT fabric has a dense and finely polished paperside surface which ensures minimal wire mark, and the rollside surface is very robust using max. yarn diameters to fulfil all demands of the papermaker in respect of the best paper quality and runability.
The coating also improves the dimensional stability in cross and machine direction.
uncoated Fabrics TOPAZ© Fabrics TOPAZ©NT Fabrics
Lowest cross contraction with TOPAZ©NT
X - axis: TENSION [kN/m]
Y - axis: CROSS CONTRACTION [%]
Key advantages for the papermaker
- Very easy fabric cleaning – it prevents any contaminants or fibre sticking, esp. important for waste paper furnish
- 10% less power consumption due to lighter running of fabrics over the dewatering elements
- The dewatering capacity of the fabrics is increased due to less dirt contamination and minimised fibre and water carrying
- Higher dimensional stability than the previous TOPAZ©, in both CD & MD
- Improved cross machine profiles over a wide range of fabric tensions - no tension channels
- High drainage capacity with a clean fabric during the whole lifetime
- Higher dry content and thereby energy saving in the press and dryer sections
- A longer running time can be reached due to less cross contraction and lower internal friction